Free Fraction Apps and Activities for Upper Elementary

Today I'm sharing some of my favorite fraction activities and apps that I've used over the years since I know many of my upper-elementary teacher friends are diving deep into fractions this time of year.

One of my favorite free fraction apps is Oh No Fractions. Students must determine whether the fraction on the left is greater than, less than, or equal to the fraction on the right.  I like that it gives the option of showing a visual model of the fractions if needed.
Free Fraction iPad Apps & Activities. I've compiled my favorite resources and freebies I've used for teaching fractions to 4th grade students. (Skills include adding and subtracting, multiplying, comparing, equivalent fractions, and fractions on a number line, etc).
Chicken Coop Fractions has an estimating fractions game that’s free and super engaging.
Free Fraction iPad Apps & Activities. I've compiled my favorite resources and freebies I've used for teaching fractions to 4th grade students. (Skills include adding and subtracting, multiplying, comparing, equivalent fractions, and fractions on a number line, etc).When starting a fraction unit, I always try to start with a solid foundation in finding factors and multiples as well as identifying prime/composite numbers.  This foundation is crucial when it comes time for comparing and simplifying fractions. Here’s a FREE prime/composite number sort with self-checking QR codes.
Free Fraction iPad Apps & Activities. I've compiled my favorite resources and freebies I've used for teaching fractions to 4th grade students. (Skills include adding and subtracting, multiplying, comparing, equivalent fractions, and fractions on a number line, etc).
This FREE Bump game is a great review for identifying fractions using models as well as number lines. I have several other fraction Bump games in my store, which you can check out HERE.
Free Fraction iPad Apps & Activities. I've compiled my favorite resources and freebies I've used for teaching fractions to 4th grade students. (Skills include adding and subtracting, multiplying, comparing, equivalent fractions, and fractions on a number line, etc).
Because my students always love being able to move around the room, I created this Scan the Room activity to practice various fraction concepts as I taught them. (I have this same exact product without QR codes here.) Here are a couple of my fourth graders hard at work comparing fractions and checking their work with QR codes.
Scan the Room: Fractions Activity
I believe it’s so important to continuously review fractions throughout the year since some of the concepts start to meld together and students can become confused at times. Task cards are a great way to do this. My favorite set is THIS one pictured below, which includes a mix of identifying, comparing, ordering, and fraction equivalence. 
I have several other fraction task card sets in my store, including a bundle, which you can check out HERE. (They are all available both with and withOUT self-checking QR codes). I also recently starting creating digital/paperless versions of all of my task cards sets, so if you have Google Classroom, be sure to check them out HERE. Or click the image below to see this adding and subtracting fractions set.
And for paperless, self-grading assessments that cover ALL of the 4th grade Common Core fraction standards, click HERE or on the image below. 
I hope these activities can save you some time and help you tackle teaching fractions in a fun way!
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. We have not started our Fraction unit yet for my 2nd graders but wish I would have known about this giveaway. I will have to check out for FB page. Missed your blogs, so keep them coming!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete