Kick-start Your School Year with QR Codes: Lots of Freebies!

I apologize for the long absence, teacher friends!  I’ve been busy soaking up every precious moment with my sweet baby boy, born this winter.:)
I will not be returning to the classroom this year, but I have lots of fun stuff planned to share with you.  I’m very excited to announce a new triweekly series happening on my Facebook page called Free Apps in a Snap. 
I know many people are too busy to read long blog posts, especially during this hectic back-to-school season, so I thought it would be helpful to just give you quick little snapshots of new apps to try in your classroom.  Three times a week I will share some brief highlights and photos of apps I’ve used in my second and fourth grade classrooms.  If you haven’t already liked my Facebook page, be sure to hop on over there so you don’t miss any of my posts.  

Now, for the freebies…  
Kick-start Your School Year With QR Codes: Lots of ideas and freebies to engage your students with QR codes at back-to-school
I whipped up a new back to school Scan the Room activity that reviews several important ELA skills: synonyms, antonyms, contractions, parts of speech, and sentence editing.  All you have to do is print the cards and tape/hang them around your classroom.  Your students will roam around the room answering the questions and can check their work by scanning the QR codes.
Another freebie I just posted is this little pack of QR codes that link to brain break videos.  If you plan on using brain breaks, this is a great way to introduce them to your students.  The “Following Directions” video is especially good for back-to-school!
If you’re looking for an icebreaker activity that gets your students talking to one another, this getting-to-know-you QR code cube is perfect.  Students roll the cube and scan the QR codes to reveal questions to ask their partner. 
These sunglasses have been a hit every year with my second and fourth graders because they love being able to move around the room while solving math problems.  
Click HERE for my double-digit addition and subtraction with regrouping freebie for primary (shown above) and HERE for my rounding freebie for the upper grades.

QR code scavenger hunts have always been my most-requested math activity by my students, probably because they are so fun that they don’t realize they’re actually learning.  
Click HERE for the base 10 block freebie (shown above) for primary and HERE for my types of lines and angles freebie for the bigger kids (shown below).
The “QR Codes” tab at the top of my blog has even more freebies and ideas for engaging your students with QR codes throughout the school year, so be sure to check it out.

I hope you have a great start to your school year!:)

Thanks to Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Ashley Hughes, and I Teach, What's Your Superpower for the cute graphics in this post!
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much...Wow! These...and you!!...are amazing!! Congratulations on staying home with your sweet little one! Can't ever get those precious times back, so enjoy every wonderful moment! Thank you, again, so very much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jody! Your kind words made my day.:)

      Delete