Spooky Arrays and Halloween Crafts for the Home

Our week’s been off to a spooktacular start!  We created our own spooky repeated addition arrays using the free app Doodle Buddy.  Doodle Buddy has a great collection of spooky backgrounds and stamps, and my second graders just ate this activity up.  We even turned off the lights to make the classroom feel “spookier.”  Here are a couple of examples they came up with:


My kiddos also had a blast hunting for spooky arrays around the room with this FREE QR code scavenger hunt.  
I made this freebie last year for my fourth graders and just updated it to include a repeated addition version in addition to the original multiplication version.  Click here to download it for free.

We’re still reviewing fact families, so one of our math centers this week is this Witch’s Hat Fact Family activity.  You can check it out here.

I’m linking this post up with Tara’s Monday Made-it linky to share a couple of fall crafts I made for our house.  Crafting is a major stress reliever for me, and I had a lot of fun making this burlap wreath with my friends.  We are planning on making more soon to give our friends/family as Christmas gifts.  There are tons of Youtube videos if you’re interested in learning how to make one. 

I happen to be a bit obsessed with candy corn, so when I saw this blog post via Pinterest, I knew I had to attempt this.  I spray painted wine/beer/olive oil bottles one color at a time, letting the paint dry for a few minutes in between.  I didn’t use tape or anything because I like the “ombre” look.  It was super easy and I love how the centerpiece turned out.   


Hope you’re having a spooktacular October!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That wreath is gorgeous!
    Here are my thoughts on Kidblog: http://lisateachr.blogspot.com/2014/10/technology-thursday-kidblog.html
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete