Popplet

Over the past few weeks, I’ve really fallen in love with the Popplet app (free version), and have found myself using it over and over again.  It’s such a versatile app and it really helps my second graders map out their thinking.  Here are a few of the ways I’ve used it so far this year…

My students took pictures and briefly described the main events in their independent reading books.  This helped them sequence and retell their stories.


They took pictures and described the character and setting in their independent reading books. 


My kiddos find a picture of their vocabulary words either from their book or from the internet.  Then they type the definition, part of speech, and use it in a sentence.  (I got this awesome idea from Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.)


When we were studying adjectives, I had my students bring in a special object from home and describe it.  After brainstorming on Popplet, they wrote and shared about their special object. 



Have you used Popplet with your kiddos?  If so, please share in the comments.:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I haven't heard of Popplet, but already know I want to try this with one of my small groups and show it to one of my 3rd grade teachers.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete