New Place Value Freebie Plus Some Oldies But Goodies

When I first announced my move back to primary, I promised not to neglect my upper elementary friends.. and since I know most fourth grade teachers spend a good chunk of August and September on place value, I figured I would whip up a fun expanded number form freebie for you. 


This jungle-themed puzzle match-up activity is available in two versions—one with QR codes and one without.  For the QR code version, students scan the code to reveal a number in expanded form.  They then match it with its corresponding standard form.  For the non-QR code version, students simply match the expanded and standard form pieces together. 

Last year, we used this interactive notebook freebie to practice reading and writing multi-digit whole numbers in word form.  
It comes with a full page of QR codes that link to a wonderful Learn Zillion video that explains this concept.  My kiddos glued the QR code into their math journals so they could practice at home.    

I also have this freebie for practicing reading large numbers out loud into Garage Band (or any other type of recording device you may have.)  I blogged about this activity in depth here.

Here’s a rounding I Spy activity that my fourth graders loved last year.  I hung the sunglasses up around the room and they solved the problems and then checked their work by scanning the QR codes. 


Since most of you will probably dive right into multi-digit addition, subtraction, multiplication and long division, don’t miss out on this Rockin’ Out with Mixed Operations freebie. 

I hope some of these freebies can help you tackle the NBT standards in a fun way.:)    

No comments:

Post a Comment