I’m Moving Back to Primary Land!


I’m so excited to officially announce that I’ll be teaching second grade next year!  I’ve loved every minute of teaching fourth grade these past two years, but I felt like it was time for a change.  Many of you might not know this, but I did teach first grade for three years at my same school with my buddy Amanda.  There are many aspects of primary that I’ve missed and I can’t wait to start this new chapter.

I promise I won’t abandon my upper elementary friends!  I will definitely keep creating new products and freebies for big kids in addition to little ones.:)

I’ve already gotten started on some second grade products and am offering a freebie to celebrate summer and second grade being right around the corner.


You can hang these sunglasses around your classroom and let students roam around solving the addition/subtraction problems.  If you have access to any mobile devices that can scan QR codes, your students can check their work as they go along. 

We just did a few I Spy sunglasses activities today with our first grade buddies and they loved it! 


These are both from my brand-new bundle of 8 I Spy math activities for first and second grade.

Please leave links to any amazing primary blogs I should be following.:)

8 comments:

  1. That's great news Kristin! Congratulations on your move! I teach second grade too! :) Welcome back to the land of the littles!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I am so excited for me since I am moving to grade 2 as well. I am looking forward to your tech tips for the younger ones : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!! Change is always good. Next year I will get to stay in 5th again. It will be the first time that I don't have to change grade levels in 8 years!!! I'm super excited!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congratulations on your move to a new grade level! The little ones are always so much fun! I can't wait to hear about all of the fun things you do with them!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in second! I love the idea of using QR codes in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2nd grade is fun! I use QR codes in my classroom all the time. I'd love it if you'd check out my blog:
    onthegoteachermama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! I am excited to continue using your blog as a resource next year.

    ReplyDelete