ChatStep: A New Online Chat Room


We recently tried a new online chat room called ChatStep, which was recommended by my teammate Brooke.  After reading a Time for Kids “GreenTips” article (for Earth Day), I had my students respond to my prompt “What can YOU do to be more green?”

ChatStep: a private, secure chatroom that can be used to enhance learning while integrating technology. This website is a great tool for student collaboration and be used for reading response, exit slips, discussions, etc.

All I had to do to set up the room was give it a name, enter my name and click “Create.”  Then I linked the room to my class website for my students to easily access.  

If you've ever used Today's Meet, ChatStep has a very similar format.  It does have an option to add images though, which I think is a really cool feature.  


I would use this site again similarly to how I've used Today's  Meet—for  class discussions, exit slips, and reading response.  How might you use ChatStep?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Kristin! I can't wait to try this out!!
    -Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like this. Similar to what I do with Edmodo. Thanks for sharing. I'm pinning this! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technology amazing Technology here .
    Mobile Technology its a amzaing and full of fun post i like it.
    great post i like it Laptop Technology you can join it free.
    Mp3 Technology wawoooo how is nice post this one i like it. you can join it free.
    Entertainment Technology wawoooo how is nice post this one i like it. you can join it free.
    Information Technology u can also check here its new Technology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking how to optimize your website and get high google rank please visit this link Seo Tips and Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Complete IRC Commands with all servers like NickServ ChanServ OperServ BotServ HostServ and MemoServ.
    MS Office Shorcut Keys very useful if you want to work fast. You Must remember these.
    Tongue Twisters

    Usefull information for Students Shortcut keys for Ms Office
    Top 10 Google Tricks
    Seo Tips and Tricks

    ReplyDelete