Test Prep, Line Plot Centers, and a FREEBIE


Here in Illinois we currently have just a week and a half until THE test!  It always seems to sneak up out of nowhere and I’m usually in a crunch to get in every last standard.  This year I decided to make a one-page assessment for each of the five math domains of the Common Core.  I gave these short assessments a few weeks ago to get an overview of which standards we had mastered and which ones needed more in-depth review.  I'm also using them to target specific students for intervention groups.   

 
As you can see from the above examples, my kids were pretty solid in Base 10 and Geometry, so we only needed a couple days to review those concepts.  They struggled a lot with some of the Measurement and Data standards, so I allotted enough time to go over those standards in depth. 

Line plots are always very tricky, but we had a lot of fun with these new task cards I made.  My students used vis-à-vis markers to complete the line plots of the various sets of data.  They scanned the QR codes to self-check their answers.  I do have this same set without QR codes as well.:)
Line plots (with fractions) task cards + FREE quick-assessment. Looking for lessons & activities for teaching line plots besides a boring worksheet?! These task cards (available with or without self-checking QR codes) are sure to engage your students! (4th grade Common Core aligned.)
My freebie for you is an assessment that’s included in my line plot task cards.  All my task card sets include a quick assessment that you can use in the center or later as a quiz grade.  I hope you can find it useful.  Click the image to grab it for free.:)

1 comment: