Martin Luther King QR Code Timeline Activity


This week we’ve been studying the life of the great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  First, we did an online fact-finding activity using this limited-time freebie from Lovin' Lit.  My students went to this website and filled in the missing information and dates from the timeline. 


Erin has wonderful templates to choose from, but we decided it would be cool to make a large timeline out in the hallway with QR codes that linked to the events.  So we glued the pictures she provided onto index cards and wrote in the dates.  Then the kids typed brief summaries of the significant events into qrstuff.com and glued the QR codes on.  Here’s the final product.
Here’s one of my boys checking it out.

3 comments:

  1. I am LOVING this! Thank you so much...definitely doing this!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I just went and downloaded it. I really like how the kids created the QR codes.
    I do have a question. How do you work it with the youtube account? I use vimeo, but I kind of get tired of the wait time to load a video. Do you have the security set up where the link can't be shared (except by you). I think I should should do that.

    thanks
    matt

    ReplyDelete