Tried it Tuesday- Thinglink

It's been too long since I've linked up with my friend Holly for her Tried it Tuesday.  We've been studying cells in science and I had a worksheet of a plant cell ready to be copied and labeled by my students today.  But at the last minute I remembered some interesting posts I'd read lately about Thinglink, a website that lets you tag images and make them interactive.

So we quickly and easily set up Thinglink accounts and uploaded an image we found online of a plant cell.  Then we located and labeled the different parts with brief definitions for each.  I love that in addition to text, you can also tag a hyperlink.  For our chloroplasts, we tagged a video from Studyjams that explains how photosynthesis works.

Now, instead of a boring worksheet, my kiddos each have their own interactive visual of a plant cell to reference.  This is why I love technology.

Feel free to check out one of my kiddos' Thinglink below.

9 comments:

  1. This is cool. What a great way to make something not so exciting so much better. Thanks for the trip!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should say...thanks for the tip. :)

      Delete
  2. That is really cool. I'm going to have to check out Thinglink. I love how this fits right into the idea of visual literacy and making connections--but it also teaches how to interconnected everything is from a science and technology perspective.

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh....HOW PERFECT! My kids are supposed to label the Solar System tomorrow...I'm doing this instead! YAAAAAAAAAAAY! Thank you!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool!! The possibilities are endless. I always love your tips, Kristin!! I am super excited that last Friday I received three new iPads for my room. :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this site! I downloaded the app, too! I can see my math students using this a lot!

    ReplyDelete