Resources for Rounding Numbers (Plus a Freebie)


We are wrapping up our place value unit this week and I wanted to share some resources I used for teaching rounding.  This year I’ve been having my students glue QR codes onto specific pages of their interactive notebooks so they can easily access Learn Zillion videos at home.  The videos are also linked to my classroom website for those without iPads/smart phones at home.  Here’s a link to a great Learn Zillion video I found on rounding numbers.

I also keep a running list of practice links that my kiddos can access at school as well as at home.  You can check out some great rounding links on Sheppard Software hereThis Rounding Sharks game was definitely a favorite in my room.  IXL also has a great rounding link.

We’ve also been using my rounding task cards, Bump game, and new Roll it, Scan it, Round it center


Here is a FREE I Spy Rounding activity that my kids had a blast with.  They go around the room rounding the numbers on the sunglasses and scanning the QR codes to self-check their work.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. You are BRILLIANT! I love the idea of having QR codes for Learnzillion! It would be neat to have some linked to Studyjams too!
    Thanks for sharing Kristin!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the rounding activity, Kristin! I know that we'll definitely be using that one!

    Amy
    Turtley Loving Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance you are upping these to include 5th grade standards? Would love these! Such amazingly fun activities!

    Susan
    LopezLandLearners

    ReplyDelete