Tried it Tuesday: Livebinders and Photo Apps



I’m linking up today with my friend Holly to share a couple new things I’ve tried this summer.  First up is Livebinders, which I’ve been using to organize and store all of my Common Core resources in one place.  This post by Kate on Technology Tailgate helped me get started.  (There's a great video tutorial on there.)  Here’s a screen shot of my math Common Core binder.


As you can see, I organized it by domain, and I also have a tab for general Common Core resources and a tab for interactive math notebook resources.  Within each tab, I have subtabs of various blog posts/URLs, PDFs, and images of anchor charts and activities.  I’m hoping this will make my lesson planning more efficient this year.  

For my other “tried-it,” I wanted to share a couple of fun photo apps that are free right now.  I like using them for Instagram, but I think they could also be a great tool in the classroom.  Instaframe allows you to make photo collages with fun borders.  Here’s a collage I made of our day at the lake on the 4th.


Here are a couple pictures I took this morning using PIP Camera.  My little model is always happy to pose for a treat.  I think this would be a really fun one to use in the classroom.


I’m off to go check out everyone else’s “tried-its.”  Be sure to come link up with us on Thursday for our third week of Tune into Technology.  This one is all about iPads so I’m sure it’ll be a good one.:)  

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links to Livebinders and the tutorial. Do you just use the free version? I love both of your photo apps. I love the frame one, that would be great for the first day of school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pinning the bit about Livebinders to check out later! Glad to see your pup was okay after the big holiday weekend!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I did photo apps today too, but we didn't do any of the same ones. There are so many fun apps out there for pictures. :) I'll try yours out too! :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower and am looking forward to learning from you:)

    Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to check out Livebinders! I was admiring your screenshot and wishing I was as organized for next year! Love the PIP camera app too and your dog is adorable. Thanks for linking up! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ALWAYS forget about LiveBinders! I have saved a few really good ones that people have shared with me in the past! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with how much great stuff is out there!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Alison. For some reason I just forgeth about livebinders. I don't know why either because it is so easy and useful. If you're on Twitter, Livebinders is a good follow because they send out updates.

      great post
      Matt
      Digital: Divide & Conquer

      Delete