Workshop Wednesday- Math Sites


Today I’m linking up with Jivey’s Workshop Wednesday and the theme for this week is math sites.  The one math website I couldn’t live without is IXL.  We use it every single day during math workshop and my kids love it!  IXL is aligned to the Common Core and has practice problems for every math skill I have taught this year.  I love that it gives students immediate feedback and if they miss a problem, it explains how to do it correctly.  This is great for when I’m working with small groups.  You can track your students’ progress and the reports IXL generates are a great assessment tool.  The kids love tracking their own progress and earning awards and prizes. 


Another one of my favorites is Scholastic’s Study Jams.  They have amazing videos, songs, and step-by-step explanations for most of the math concepts that I teach.  Sometimes we’ll watch the videos together and other times, I’ll have students watch them in class or at home to get an extra refresher on a tough concept.


The last site I’d like to share is Gooru, which is not solely for math.  It’s now my go-to website whenever I’m looking for videos or explanations on any topic.  I recently posted about Gooru here, but to sum it up, it’s an educational search engine for videos, interactive displays, quizzes, and much more.  If you like Khan Academy videos, it has many similar educational sites.


I’m excited to go read about everyone else’s favorite math sites.:)

2 comments:

  1. Haven't hear of Gooru! Excited to check it out! :) thanks for linking up!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete

  2. Amazing post! I initially found your blog a week or so ago, and I want to subscribe to your RSS feed.

    AdditionFacts

    ReplyDelete