Using Padlet During Daily 5



Today I’m linking up with Technology Tailgate’s Techie Tuesday and Holly’s new Tried It Tuesday to share how I recently introduced Padlet during Daily 5.   

It’s been a goal of mine to get my students using their vocabulary words more throughout the week, especially during their Work on Writing center.  Each week my students use this graphic organizer to choose their own interesting, unknown words from their Raz Kids books.  (You’re welcome to grab it for free along with the bookmarks if you haven’t already.) 

Then they type the words and their definitions into Padlet so they have their own personal word wall to reference during Work on Writing.  Here is a screen shot of one student's word wall. 
Padlet has many fun choices for backgrounds and there’s even an option to add a photo, file, or URL to each word, which we haven’t tried yet.  We’ve only been using it for a week now, and I can’t wait for my students to build up their word walls so they have lots of great words to use during Work on Writing. 

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have never heard of Padlet before, it looks like a cool tool! I am going to have to check it out!
    Bethany
    fabandfunin4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! Yet another reason to set a goal of increasing the student:technology ratio. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some love! I am your newest follower and I am so pumped to get to share ideas with another fourth grade blog! I have never heard of Padlet and I'm definitely going to check it out :) We don't have a good student to technology ratio so it'll be hard to use, unfortunately :( Hopefully that improves!
    Looking forward to collaborating!

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Padlet is! I'm always looking for new ways to use technology in my 4th grade classroom. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so intrigued by the 1:1 concept and think (hope! pray!) it will be a possibility in my near future! I have it pinned and added to my apps "want list". Thank you so much for sharing and linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Formerly Wallwisher! Love that site! They have made some interesting upgrades! Great way to integrate it into your reading program!

    ReplyDelete