How I Use QR Code Scavenger Hunts in Math (Includes Freebies)


Have you tried using QR code scavenger hunts in your classroom yet?  I've been having my kiddos complete these during math workshop and they've been a huge hit.  I thought my kids loved QR code task cards but they are OBSESSED with scavenger hunts now!  They absolutely love being able to walk around the room solving math problems.

I created 8 sets aligned to various Common Core skills and each set is a different color.  I tape them up in random order around my classroom and because of the different colors, I’m able to keep several up in my room at once without the kids getting confused.  This also helps me to differentiate.  Here are a couple of my girls working hard on a hunt together.

If you’re interested in trying a QR code scavenger hunt in your classroom, I have two freebies—one  for primary and one for upper elementary.  All you need to do is print, laminate, and tape the phones up around your room.  Students find the phone that says “Start” and scan the QR code to reveal the first question.  Each QR code will lead them to the next phone until they complete the scavenger hunt.  You will need a device that can scan QR codes, such as an iPad, iPod, iPod Touch, tablet, or smart phone.

Click the images to grab the freebies.
Here are the bundles in case you are interested. :) 

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for explaining how you use them in your classroom. My class loves our paper scavenger hunts so I can only imagine their excitement when we use your AWESOME QR freebies! Thanks so much for sharinig these! So glad we finally got tablets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used the web www.qrsensations.com to create my qrs! I liked how they look, maybe you like this one https://www.qrsensations.com/generator-qr-code/scissors

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great. We are trying our first QR activity next week. Thanks for sharing

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  4. It didn't occur to me to do a scavenger hunt IN the classroom. My kids would love it! I had set up a QR Code scavenger hunt the day before a break that required them to walk around the whole school building. They loved it but it was quite labor intensive to set up and bring down. Mini hunts around the room are a great idea which I will certainly "borrow"!

    Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen,

    These are great. I just made a set for Earth Day and I did one the really doesn't really have set boundaries and the kids are supposed to analyze the different sites, photos, video, and text they find. I used it as more of an opened-ended assignment.

    What's most interesting is when I show them to teachers and they see how it can work!

    thanks
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with my clip art!! :) Can't wait to get some more devices so I can try out your hunt!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look AMAZING!!!! I've never done the scavenger hunt before and am going to try it ASAP!!!! Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally want to try QR codes after the "big test" is over in two weeks (I just can't focus right now on something I have no idea about!). It will probably be a future "tried it Tuesday"! I only have one iPad right now so we'll see how I can work it in. I know the students will love it. Thank you so much for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always looking for new and fun ways to use the iPads when they get to visit our classroom. I'm so excited to read your post and read more about QR codes. Thanks so much!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for these- I just spent last night making a fraction jenga game with QR codes but haven't tried it on the kids yet- I might start off with these to introduce QR codes in a fun time!

    I look forward to finding more exciting things from you. From your latest follower
    x Serena x Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea of doing a scavenger hunt using QR Codes... I am becoming a little obsessed with QR Codes myself!! I would love it if you swung on by and joined my "I heart QR Codes" Linky party and shared one of your most favorite QR code activities you've tried!!

    http://tabletalkwithcandc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our kids love scavenger hunts and QR Codes. Can't wait to try this with them! Thanks for linking up with our blog!

    Carrie
    Table Talk with C & C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your freebie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. THanks for sharing. I use my Iphone as we have no IPads in classroom - but it rotates during center time and works fine, just can't have more than one QR activity at a time. Love these! thx
    Tama

    ReplyDelete