Tried it Tuesday- Prezi


I'm linking up again for Holly's Tried-it Tuesday to share how I used Prezi for the first time with my fourth graders.  We have been studying the human body systems and after lots of research on Gooru, my students made Prezis to present their information.  I asked my tech coach (hey, Mona!) to come in since it was our first time using Prezi and it went really well.

She recommended that we choose one of the various templates Prezi offers so the kids didn't have to insert frames and worry about the "paths."  I was amazed at how user-friendly Prezi is.  All the kids really had to do was drag in the pictures they already had on their desktops and insert text in the given text boxes.  

I definitely plan on using Prezi in the future for the kids' presentations and even presentations of my own.  To see an example of one of their Prezis, click HERE.

When they were all finished, I copied the links to each of their Prezis (since I had them all under one account) and generated QR codes using QR Stuff.  Then I dragged them onto these little posters to display in our room.  We plan on sharing our Prezis with our first grade reading buddies and anyone else that stops by our classroom with a QR code scanner.:) 


7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I've used Prezi, but I haven't had my students make anything on it...now my wheels are turning!
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using Prezi with a QR code seems like a really simple way for kids to navigate to the sites. I like that idea.

    thanks for sharing,
    Matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very clever! I will have to check that out- the displays look so professional and the kids must love having the QR codes on them!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I'm sure your students loved it. :)Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I've never actually worked with that program before, or QR codes for that matter but I think I'll have to check those out. And a tech coach?! Nice!

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea! I have always wanted to try out Prezi but was a little intimidated. And I LOVE the QR code posters! What a great way to incorporate technology. I think I'll have to give it a try!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome!! I keep hearing about Prezi but have yet to try it. Another pin from me to check out! Thanks so much, Kristin!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete