Five for Friday


Yayy, it’s finally Friday and that means it’s time for 5 for Friday and Friday Flashback

1. We invaded our reading buddies’ classroom with QR codes!  My fourth graders have been having so much fun doing QR code scavenger hunts in math that we decided to do some primary ones with our first grade reading buddies.  If you haven’t already, feel free to grab my primary or upper elementary freebies.:)


2. We got a double-dose of reading buddies this week because we invited them up to watch our planet presentations.  My kids worked in groups to complete either a Keynote or a Prezi on their assigned planet.  They loved being the experts and answering the little ones’ questions.


3. We recently started doing literatures circles and so far it’s been going really well.  I don’t know why it took me all year to start doing novels, but I plan on starting a lot earlier next year because they are so engaged in their reading.


4. We went on a field trip to the Chicago History Museum and had a blast.  This was the favorite exhibit of my group of six boys, go figure!  We have a lot of Cubs/Sox rivalry within our classroom.:)


5. I stumbled upon this Instant Poetry Forms website for kids.  There are so many different types of poems to choose from and the kids just fill in the blanks and it generates the poem for them.  Our theme was spring and I had them print and illustrate their poems to put up in the room.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

P.S. Don't forget to enter two amazing giveaways I'm taking part in!




1 comment:

  1. You had a very busy week! I love using novels in my classroom too!
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete