Fiction Friday and Friday Flashback


Yayy, it’s Friday!  We had a crazy but surprisingly productive week considering Halloween was on a Wednesday!

I kicked off our election unit by reading So You Want to be President by Judith St. George and David Small, which I’m linking up for Amanda’s Fiction Friday.  My kids loved the funny cartoons and interesting facts and anecdotes about our former Presidents.

Then they did some research on the Presidential candidates, wrote about who they would vote for and why, and then designed campaign posters.  Hmm, I think it’s pretty clear who will win our classroom mock election next week.  (See my last post for info about the sites/resources we used.) 




We also made these posters to show different ways of representing multiplication.  I got the idea from Amanda’s post. 

 We used Kidspiration to help us visualize ways to make equal groups.  I don’t know what I would do without Kidspiration!

Be sure to link up with both Amandas to share what you did this week and share some good children’s literature!  

3 comments:

  1. My students love the picture of Taft taking a bath. A great book!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a super fun week! I'm glad you mentioned Kidspiration...I love that program but haven't used it in years! My current school doesn't have it installed on computers...I'll have to pull it back out! ;) Thanks for linking up!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  3. The voting posters turned out so cute!! I love all those So You Want to Be... books. Great fun! Thanks for linking up and linking back to me with the multiplication posters. I wish I had technology at my disposal like you do. I love the idea of throwing in Kidspiration. Awesome! You're a genius. :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete