Student-Created Newsletters Using Fodey.com



After seeing this recent post by Mrs. K at The Teacher Garden, I knew I wanted to try out this amazing resource with my kiddos.  I had my students work in small groups to put together a classroom newsletter for the month of October’s happenings.  Each group had a different topic to focus on: reading, math, science, social studies, specials/clubs, technology, and a recent visit to our classroom by IL Governor Pat Quinn. 

Once each group was finished typing up their story, we put the text into Fodey.com and it generated a newspaper clipping.  I printed these out and put together a bulletin board for our room.  I also compiled all the articles into one newsletter to send home to parents and put up on our classroom website.

My kids LOVED this activity!  I now plan on having them do the newsletter each month and changing out the bulletin board so anyone who comes into our room can read about what’s been going on.   

Thanks Mrs. K for the awesome idea!  If you don’t follow The Teacher Garden, you should go check her out—I get so many great techie ideas from her.:)

4 comments:

  1. That is a cool resource! I'm imagining the possibilities for Social Studies. Thanks for sharing!

    Young Daze in 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I have boo-ed you. Please stop by my blog: http://ideabackpack.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-have-been-boo-ed-and-95-halloween.html. Email me back to get a copy of my Halloween writing prompts, as well as to choose one other item from my TpT store.
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack
    Ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. The fodey.com link is super cool and we are working on articles this week. Perfect timing! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog regularly, but I must have missed this post the first time around. I'm so flattered by your kind words about my blog! :)

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete