Teaching Types of Sentences Using Virtual Sticky Notes


In my fourth-grade classroom, we have been studying types of sentences, which can tend to get a little dry.  After seeing this post from Molly from Lessons with Laughter, I knew I wanted to do something similar with technology.  I then remembered reading this post by Mrs. K from The Teacher Garden about virtual sticky notes on Lino

So, I created a Lino wall with two headers—“Declarative” and “Interrogative” in two different colors.  I then posted the link to my classroom webpage so students could easily access it.  Each student wrote a sentence and chose the correct color and column to place it under.  They LOVED this activity and it was super quick and easy.  It was also really fun to look at all the different sentences we created together on our SMARTBoard.   

I would recommend having just 5-6 students post at one time so the post-its don’t get jumbled up.  However, if they do, it’s easy to move them around.  Now that I’ve experienced how easy Lino is to use, I can totally see myself using it for many other things in the classroom.  What would you use it for?

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! (And thanks for mentioning me. :)

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin!! This is so great!! I remember seeing Lino before at a presentation, but then when I went to go try it out I forgot what the site was called and couldn't find it! I just bookmarked it though so now I won't forget it again! Thanks so much I can't wait to play around on it and see what else I can have students use it for!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete