Monday Made-it: Spreading Good Vibes


After reading Amanda’s recent post about her morning meeting routine and compliment box, I was inspired to make my own compliment box for my fourth graders.  Her simple routine does so much to build community and character in the classroom—I just love it!  I decorated my box to go along with my Life is Good theme using stickers and graphics I printed from their website.  I went over everything with mod podge so it doesn’t get nasty and the stickers don’t peel off.

These are the compliment cards my students will be filling out.  You can grab these for FREE by clicking the image. 
I made these Life is Good letters using scrapbook paper and my brand spankin’ new circle cutter.  Boy, do I love that thing!  I also printed out various quotes from the Life is Good website to post around the classroom.  I am a big quote girl and love using them to motivate my students (and myself)!
Finally, here is my home made-it.  This was my "pinspiration."  Honestly, this was one of the easiest crafts I’ve ever done in my life—it took about six and-a-half minutes to make.  I cut a wine cork in half using a serrated knife and then glued a magnet to the back.  I don’t know about you, but it sometimes makes me sad to throw away a bottle of wine that has special meaning (like this one that has our last name on it).  Now instead of saving the whole bottle, I can display it using just the cork.  And it’s functional too!

Can’t wait to see what everyone made this week!  Enjoy your Monday—it’s gonna be a hot one in Chi-town!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love the cork magnet idea. I just bought the cork vase filler from Target and I had a ton of wine corks left over. Now, I know what to do with them. Your Life is Good letters turned out super cute too. That circle cutter looks amazing. Was it pricey? I'm not much of a scrapbook so I don't know about these things. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. I want to say it was around $15 from Michaels and I used my 40% off coupon on it. It was totally worth it to me because I hate trying to cut circles and now I can cut different sized ones and they come out perfect.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the idea of a compliment box for my third graders. Thanks for sharing this! I'm your newest follower!
    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the compliment box! I definitely want to check out the life is good website.
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea this turned out so super cute! Wayyyy better than mine for sure! Your kids will love it next year. Great cork idea too.. I just bought a new bottle of wine tonight! Maybe I'll start saving them.. :)

    Amanda
    redseventeen@gmail.com
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your positive vibes box!! That is such a great idea!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the comment box! I am a fourth grade teacher and need a way to add some more positive actions into the day. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower.

    Sarah
    Teaching Star Students

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the comment box. I think it is so important to create a positive atmosphere! I am your newest follower. I would love to have you come and visit my blog!

    ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm adding that box to my to do list:) Love that idea and can't wait to read more about it! Thanks for linking up:) I so love your classroom theme too!! Life is Good is one of my faves.

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete