Monday Made It and Classroom Theme Linky



Today I made a frame for my “quote of the day” that goes along with my classroom theme for this year—Life is Good.  This was my theme my very first year of teaching in fifth grade, and the original idea actually came from my cooperating teacher.  The Life is Good company is all about living life to the fullest and their mission is to spread “good vibes” around the world. 

I bought this book of quotes to spread “good vibes” and optimism in my classroom.  I am a firm believer that with a positive attitude you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, and I want to instill that in my kiddos.  At the start of each day, I plan on having one of my students choose a quote to read aloud from the book.  We will discuss the quote and then write it on the frame with a dry-erase marker so we can remember it all day long.  Here are a couple of my favorite pages from the book.

This is how I had my old classroom decorated for my LIG theme.  I’m excited to make some new things to go along with my theme for this year.  


13 comments:

  1. I love Life is Good and I love your classroom theme!!


    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great theme! I think we forget to talk about
    all the great simple things in life sometimes:) I will have
    to check out that book:) Mahalo for linking up and sharing.

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful theme!! I love how you decorated everything & it is going to be such a happy place for students to be. :) Great job!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great theme!!!! Love the Life is Good stuff!!! I love your quote of the day board too!!!! Super cute! Thanks for linking up:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your theme is cute!
    Our school counselor theme's everything around the Life is Good motto.
    Thanks for sharing!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great theme idea - so simple and what a great message! Your quote of the day board is too cute also. I love quotes. Pinning!!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is good. Thanks for the reminder.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and guess what?!? I am awarding you with The Versatile Blogger award. Come over to my blog and pick it up!!!

    :) Elise
    Hangin' Out In Third Grade
    http://hanginoutinthirdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete