Newbie Blogger

After spending the past few months checking out all the awesome resources on blogs I’ve found through Pinterest, I got inspired to start my own blog.  I have lots of ideas I want to share about how I’ve integrated technology in the past few years, especially in my experience with 1:1.  But first, here’s a little background info on me…

I taught fifth grade for one year and first grade for three years, and I am thrilled to be starting this coming school year in a 1:1 fourth grade classroom.  I spent this past year piloting 1:1 Macbooks with my first graders and can't wait to see what my fourth graders can accomplish with these amazing devices.  Oh, did I mention our class will also be getting a few iPads to add to the collection?!

I realize not many classrooms out there are 1:1 yet, but if you have any form of technology in your classroom, I’m confident you’ll get something out of my tech tips.  I can’t wait to start blogging about my successes and failures with implementing technology, 1:1 and teaching in general and I am excited to pick up some new ideas from all the amazing teachers out there in bloggy land!

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm curious to know where you teach. My school is an Apple 1:1 school for 5th-8th grade and Kinder to 4th are all iPod touch equipped. We are a very big school 1,000 students in So Cal. I was just wondering about the 1:1 in first grade since I think that would be fabulous. Welcome to the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach in a suburb of Chicago. We are going 100% 1:1 K-8 this year! I believe K is going to be iPads and the rest MacBooks at my school. 1:1 in primary is unbelievable. I can't imagine going back to the old way. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete